Answer Desk Life Raft
Launch Life Raft directly with the button below. Step-by-step instructions are availible on this page with screenshots. Requires Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge Browser. Video Tutorial coming soon!
Launch Life Raft
Getting Started with Life Raft
- Open Microsoft Edge from the Start Menu.
- Type www.aaronwa.com/liferaft-go.htm into the address bar or you can Pin to Start and Favorites for easy access.
- Click Settings, and adjust zoom level so you can see comfortably on your device. 125% zoom is a good size for the Surface 3 on a 10" Screen.
- Click the Pen Symbol that says "Create a New Web Note" in the top-right corner.
- Click the symbol that looks like a comment box called "Create Typed Note" in the top-left. You are now ready to start checking customers in.
- Click on a location on the floor map to create a new marker for each new customer. After clicking once, Type the customer name, appointment time, and brief description. You can click on the Note symbol to collapse and expand the comments box as needed.
- When the customer is ready to be seen by a Service Advisor, you can tap and hold on the numbered note symbol, and then drag the symbol to the area on the map the customer is moving to.
The numbered Note Symbol moves to the new location.
- Once the customer is done, you can tap the Comment symbol and click on the Trash icon to delete the record.
- The number and order of customers automatically updates to show who is next in queue and how many are still waiting.
- If you want to save the state of the screen, you can click the Floppy Disk symbol for "Save" in the top right corner, and save to OneNote for easy viewing.
- A confirmation message appears and you can click "View Note" to switch to the OneNote app for review.
- If you need to clear the screen, click the "Exit" button. To close to program completely, click the Red X.